Global Risk Partners Limited (GRP) was established in 2013 by Peter Cullum, Chairman of GRP and David Margrett, Chief Executive of GRP.
David Margrett and Stephen Ross, Chief Operating Officer of GRP, identified a significant opportunity in the specialty market for brokers, Managing General Agents (MGAs) and teams who want to release equity from their business. GRP meets this need by offering solutions to existing shareholders who wish to exit, either partially or completely. Existing management teams who want to continue to develop the business can benefit from investment to grow the business organically.
We acquire brokers, MGAs, portfolios and teams which have niche, non-commoditised, specialty business and strong profitability.
GRP is backed by private equity firm, Penta Capital LLP and Peter Cullum is a co-investor.
Peter Cullum CBE, MSc, MBA, FCII, PhD - Chairman
David Margrett – Chief Executive
- David Margrett has an impressive track record of success in leading and growing businesses in the Global, Specialty Insurance and Reinsurance markets.
- Previously at Willis, David was on the Executive Committee and was President of WIllis Global and Chairman and CEO of Willis Limited, which included the UK retail business, Global Specialties, Analytics and the Global Reinsurance business.
- Prior to Willis, David was Chief Executive of HLF Group PLC, Lowndes Lambert Group Holdings and Lambert Fenchurch PLC. He has significant PE and acquisition experience having completed in excess of 40 transactions in the specialty broking market.
- David is a Chartered Insurance Broker and chaired the London and International Insurance Brokers Association (LIIBA).
Stephen Ross – Chief Operating Officer
- Stephen Ross, Chief Operating Officer, has responsibility for implementing Global Risk Partners’ acquisition strategy including the due diligence and integration of acquired businesses, portfolios and teams.
- Stephen has over 20 years of experience in the insurance sector. He was formerly a Partner at Deloitte and has significant experience of M&A, strategy and restructuring in the Specialty Insurance Market.
- He has advised on a wide range of transactions in the broking and MGA sector and provided strategic advice to a large number of clients. Stephen has worked extensively with Private Equity, with experience on over 35 transactions in the insurance sector
- Stephen holds an MBA from Warwick Business School.
Mike Bruce – Chief Executive Broking
Mike joined GRP in 2015 as CEO Broking and his responsibilities include all broking businesses. A graduate in Mathematics & Physics from the University of York, Mike began his career in IT and management consultancy, specialising in the insurance and broking sectors.
He joined Lambert Fenchurch in 1999, progressing to the role of Group Managing Director of Heath Lambert and in 2010 joined Bluefin, becoming CEO in 2013.
Mike's background in broking covers the Lloyd's, specialty and UK retail sectors.
Clive Nathan – Chief Executive, Underwriting
Clive has responsibility for GRP's Underwriting division. He joined GRP in April 2018 from Primary Group, where he fulfilled a variety of senior roles including non-executive chairman of Rural Insurance and executive chairman of One Commercial.
Between 2006-2016 he was CEO of Towergate Underwriting, having joined the business in 2003 as a regional managing director.
Clive began his career in 1987 as a graduate entrant with Commercial Union, where he had a number of different roles. He joined AXA UK in 1999 as national broker director and was involved in the acquisition of GRE that resulted in him becoming regional director.
Clive is a past member of the CII Underwriting Faculty and was awarded Industry Achiever of The Year by Insurance Times magazine in 2012.
Phil Rock – Group Chief Financial Officer
Phil joined GRP in 2017 as Group Chief Financial Officer, taking the senior finance lead across the Group. He has experience in Private Equity backed companies, having been Finance Director at CGSC Limited for 8 years. Phil is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Andrew Hunter - General Counsel & Company Secretary
Andrew is a solicitor and chartered company secretary with extensive experience in the insurance sector, having worked in a number of senior positions for Towergate Insurance, Groupama Insurance and Ageas Insurance (including the joint venture Tesco Insurance).
He is responsible for compliance, HR, legal and company secretarial across the group.